If you could look in the mirror at a 2017 version of yourself, what would you look like? One definition of reflection is “the production of an image by or as if by a mirror.”
I think naturally we are hard on ourselves. We often reflect on all the “things” we have not accomplished. When we do this, we feel like we are never good enough or can’t achieve the big goals we want.
We all have different strengths. It’s important to recognize even our smallest accomplishments, like getting out of bed. I have friends who have muscular dystrophy, and it is painful for them to just get out of bed. But getting out of bed is moving one step forward. Every goal and idea starts with the first step.
Think about the steps you took in 2017 toward your goals. What did you achieve? What did you do? How did you change? I hope you are proud of your 2017 reflection in the mirror. We will never be perfect, but I hope the 2017 person in the mirror tried hard to do the best he/she could do. And that is enough and something to celebrate coming into 2018.
Collaboration with a Purpose
2017 has been an incredible year. Collaboration with a Purpose decided to write about what happened, what we achieved, what we did, and how we changed this year. That’s a lot! I’ll give a few brief points. I didn’t accomplish everything I wanted to, but when I look myself in the mirror, I know I tried my hardest, and I’m proud of that!
- Started blogging regularly. Met some great friends through it. Collaborated with other bloggers thanks to Tajwar starting Collaboration with a Purpose. Blogging a little less, but I’m still around.
- Had a literary agent, but I needed a different fit. Honestly, my book wasn’t ready either.
- Got into Pitch Wars, a writing competition to improve your manuscript and writing before submitting to literary agents. There were almost 3000 applicants for 180 spots! It has been an amazing experience!
- My family has stayed healthy! Yes, that’s an achievement. Woooo hoooo!
- Worked at two college nursing schools. Love teaching students.
How have I changed?
My biggest goal I had for 2017 was to stay positive. Changing my attitude has made all the difference in my life. After my son, Jy, almost lost his life to encephalitis and Guillain-Barre Syndrome at the end of 2015, I’ve learned that there are many things in my life I can’t control. Therefore, instead of focusing on the things I can’t control, which leads to negativity, I have spent my energy on the silver lining in everything. I try not to stress about things and spend my energy on positive and productive endeavors. Being positive has been the best change for me in 2017. The law of attraction is true. I have attracted more positivity in my life by changing my attitude.
Thank you for reading. You have all blessed me with your energy over the last year!
Please take the time to read the rest of the posts below from inspirational fellow bloggers who reflected on 2017.
- Barb Caffrey @ Barb Caffrey’s Blog (“So, if you believe in any sort of Higher Power, one of the things you need to remember is to forgive yourself once in a while.”) Reflections on 2017
- Divyang Shah @ i think my way (“If someone don’t speak much, don’t interpret as a dumb, their mind must be working on something very big or may be he is a writer and observing surrounding on which he would come with some deep write-ups.”) Reflection 2k17 Collab
- Jothish Joseph @ TheJothishJosephBlog (“Anybody can write “Extra” before “ordinary” but only people of courage dare to earn it…”) Mr. 2017
- Jane Love @ Harmonious Joy (“People who have a genuine say and a true voice of their own… not just an echo of some celebrity they think they love.”) *Cover Photo by Jane The Need to Reflect
- Mylene C. Orillo (“Where I’m at right now is a testament that ‘Dreams really do come true.’”) 4 Things I Learned About Life this 2017
- Sadaf Siddiqi (“The best thing about memories, is one doesn’t realize they are making memories but once recorded, it just rewinds and takes one back to the beautiful series of life.”) The Year’s Reflection
- Sonyo Estavillo @ ‘Lil Pick Me Up (“I am here to champion anyone from the successful and confident folks to those that are clinically depressed.”) Goals & Reflections: I’m not quite there, but I’m not where I was!
- Nicolle K @ Stories of a Highly Sensitive Introvert! (“Success, for me, is when I spend my days feeling happy, peaceful, fulfilled and without fear of lack. 😊”)