We are back with another blog collaboration. The inspirational blogger, Jothish, came up with this theme. There are so many professions (especially my own- nursing!) I wanted to highlight, but I chose Police Officers because of my son with a big heart, Jy, had a project at school where he had to thank a police officer or firefighter. Additionally, I wanted to thank them for their service (along with firefighters and medical providers) in the recent Las Vegas shooting where so far 58 people died and 515 were injured.
Thank You Profession
I had to start this post by thanking everyone who lives to help others. Isn’t that what this world is about? Every day we have an opportunity to impact another person’s life. Take a moment to look at the pictures above. Each person is impacting another life. We can choose any profession we want, so why not choose something you are passionate about? Passionate people in their professions impact thousands (and maybe even more) people.
On September 11, 2001, terrorists attacked the United States. A total of 2,996 people were killed in the 9/11 attacks, including the 19 terrorist hijackers aboard the four airplanes. Many healthcare providers, police officers, and firefighters helped in the aftermath of the attacks.
At Jy’s school, they created these hearts with the American flag on them.
The students had to give this to a police officer or firefighter who they did not know. I took Jy to the police department, and he gave a police officer this heart with a note.
Thank You, Police Officers!
Most police offers go into the profession because they want to protect people. It’s a dangerous job. Thank you for serving those around you. Thank you for accepting Jy’s card and giving him a lovely smile and pat on the back. Those are the police officers I want my son to look up to.
Las Vegas Shooting
Over 22,000 country fans were shot at on Sunday night, 10-1-17, here in Las Vegas. For now, 58 people have died, and 515 people are injured. As people ran away from the scene (like they should), police officers and firefighters ran in. Medical providers were called in to help care for people during this crisis. My own husband, who is a dentist, had to fix several mouths because during the race to escape, people broke their teeth. This shooting (like all shootings) is sad and completely unnecessary. I thank everyone who jumped in to help. Las Vegas is strong. We all came together during this crisis.
Collaboration with a Purpose
Please take the time to read the rest of the posts below from inspirational fellow bloggers who gave thanks to people who serve in various professions.
What profession do you admire?
- Addison D’Marko (“If you want to achieve complete happiness one of the things you are going to have to do is care less. By this I mean stop putting so much thought into the things that do not matter.”) Neuro Science
- Barb Caffrey @ Barb Caffrey’s Blog (“So, if you believe in any sort of Higher Power, one of the things you need to remember is to forgive yourself once in a while.”) Teacher
- Camilla Motte @ Moms on the Go (“We want to be help to the helpless. We all need love and support, and I pray this community will be that for you.”)
- Divyang Shah @ i think my way (“If someone don’t speak much, don’t interpret as a dumb, their mind must be working on something very big or may be he is a writer and observing surrounding on which he would come with some deep write-ups.”) Thank You, Profession
- Jothish Joseph @ TheJothishJosephBlog (“Anybody can write “Extra” before “ordinary” but only people of courage dare to earn it…”) Thank you, Profession
- Ipuna Black (“None of us are perfect or come from perfect backgrounds, but this doesn’t mean we can’t aim for a positive and fulfilling life. The life we all deserve.”)
- Jane Love @ Harmonious Joy (“People who have a genuine say and a true voice of their own… not just an echo of some celebrity they think they love.”) Parents
- Mylene C. Orillo (“Where I’m at right now is a testament that ‘Dreams really do come true.’”) Soldiers
- Sadaf Siddiqi (“The best thing about memories, is one doesn’t realize they are making memories but once recorded, it just rewinds and takes one back to the beautiful series of life.”) Thank you, Profession
- Sonyo Estavillo @ ‘Lil Pick Me Up (“I am here to champion anyone from the successful and confident folks, to those that are clinically depressed.”) Las Vegas Massacre: Honoring Our Heroes in Blue
- Tajwar Fatma @ LifeAsWeHaveNeverKnownIt (“When life hits you hard, hit back harder!”) Doctor
- Nicolle K @ Stories of a Highly Sensitive Introvert! (“Success, for me, is when I spend my days feeling happy, peaceful, fulfilled and without fear of lack. 😊”) Unsung Heroes