When I first started blogging on a regular basis at the beginning of this year, January 2017, I had no idea what a blogging “awards” were. I’ve learned it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and show your appreciation for their words/photos. I have more information below, but I wanted to wish everyone a wonderful weekend! Please do something fun!
What Does a Blogging Award Mean?
“At their foundation, they’re a way to recognize and support blogs beyond following, commenting, or liking. When someone gives you an award, it’s their way of saying, ‘Your blog is so wonderful that everyone should read it!'”
What an honor it is to receive any blogging awards. It just means that I’m being welcomed into the blogging community with open arms. Well, hugs to all of you!
I was nominated for two blogging awards.
Dear Kitty. Some Blog nominated me for the Real Neat Blog Award. Sorry that I’ve been slow to post my response.
The ‘rules’ of the Real Neat Blog Award are: (feel free not to act upon them if you don’t have time; or don’t accept awards; etc.):
- Put the award logo on your blog. (✅)
Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you. (⬇️)
Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs. (✅)
Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs. (✅)
Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.) (pingback)
- Where do most visits to your blog come from? U.S.A. and through search engines.
What is your favourite sport? I like watching any sport my children are participating in. I don’t watch much TV. I prefer reading (or writing) a good book and letting my imagination run wild.
What has been a special moment for you so far in 2017? I connected with some bloggers from all over the world. We communicate through FB almost on a daily basis. They are all positive and make me feel like I can do anything!
What is your favourite quote?
- What was your favourite class when you were in school?
Math. I loved math because my answer was either right or wrong. No gray area. I have come to like creative writing, but it was not my passion when I was in school.
- Anything you had wished to have learned earlier?
Another language. Probably both Spanish and Korean. I still plan to learn them. Never to late for learning. I wish I paid more attention in my English classes. 😬
- What musical instrument have you tried to play?
I’ve played the clarinet and the piano. I’m not very good at either anymore. That’s okay. I can’t keep up with everything! 🙂
I was nominated by Eric or Stomperdad at Allinadadswork. He explained that “Liebster: German for dearest, darling, liked or loved above all others.” I’m grateful that he thought about me for this award. Thank you! He’s funny. Here is something from his about me page, “I am a famous undiscovered author.” Check out his blog.
The rules state that I need to thank the person who nominated me (✅). I’m supposed to answer 11 questions and give 11 interesting facts! That’s a lot. I’ll stick to the 11 questions (cheater, I know!). I am supposed to nominate 11 other bloggers as well.
Here are his questions:
- How do you re-energize? Sleep! I try and keep a balance: exercise, sleep, work, family, spiritual, relax time, etc. It’s not always easy to do, but when I’m in balance, I feel like I can do more. I also surround myself with positive people that help me stay energized.
- What yearly salary would you consider “living comfortably”? Hmmm. That’s tough. I honestly don’t have an exact number for this. I’m not a big spender, so I don’t need a lot to be comfortable. I am very ambitious, which often provides a decent salary. For me, I like to find the income that will give me the balance between my ambition/goals and being available for my family.
- If you met Mother Theresa, what would you ask her? What is one piece of advice she would give me from her experience on this Earth?
- What ice cream flavor do you think your personality is like? My favorite ice cream is Rocky Road. Maybe my personality is like it. Sweet like the marshmallows but well-rounded like the almonds.
- If your car had a super power, what super power would you like it to have? Time travel.
- Do you have a plan for your blog for the long run? I should have a more solid plan, but I don’t right now. I’m just meeting people right now. I hope to motivate and inspire. I plan to continue to do that.
- Is there a word you avoid using? A word you don’t like? I don’t normally curse. It’s rare.
- Do you have a favorite word? I actually say amazing a lot. It’s such a great word. 😊
- If we communicated by playing musical instruments, what instrument would you communicate with? The piano. I liked playing it growing up. I think the piano can communicate many different emotions.
- Is there a time when something didn’t turn out the way it was supposed to, but in the end, you were glad that it didn’t? Yeah, like some of the guys I dated who I thought I would be with forever. So glad that didn’t happen. 😳 Not because they were bad guys. Some were actually great guys. My hubby is just a great fit for me. 🙂
- What’s the best piece of advice you would give a new blogger? Put yourself out there. Comment. Respond to comments. Learn from others. Network. Be open to the process.
Here are my questions.
- Where in the world are you?
- How many languages do you speak?
- What is your biggest goal for your blog?
- What is your 5 year plan, if you have one?
- How would you define success?
- What has been your greatest success so far?
- How do you keep yourself organized?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- What are you afraid of?
- What are you absolutely bad at? What are you the best at?
- Which fictional character would you be best friends with?
- Is there a time when something didn’t turn out the way it was supposed to, but in the end, you were glad that it didn’t?
You can choose to participate or not. I promise that I don’t care either way. Life is busy! I get it! ❤️ I nominate these bloggers for both the Liebster and Real Neat Blog Awards. Answer 7-12 of the questions above and nominate some other bloggers if you would like.
Whether these bloggers participate or not, I’m grateful that I’ve had the opportunity to meet these people in the blogging world. The are all talented. I could list hundreds of amazing (my word!) bloggers, but there isn’t enough time in a day. Therefore, here are my 15 nominations. (I didn’t list some people because I think they have done this already, or they don’t accept awards. It doesn’t mean I don’t think they are amazing!)
Join my mailing list for Positive Information on Being Your Best Self and Updates
Join my private positive FB group page: Your Best Self.
Let’s connect ❤️: