Here is Part 2 on 1o Ways to Fail College.
- Don’t fill out the study guide. The study guide is posted just for fun. If you fill it out, you may learn what will be on the test.
- Turn in crappy work. Your professor will love you for not using spellcheck or checking your grammar. Don’t even follow the assignment directions. Please don’t be surprised if you get a low score.
- Do not watch/review the PowerPoints. The PowerPoints may guide you to key areas in the book you may want to learn. Why do that when you can read the whole textbook?
- Do not participate in class discussions. You may learn from your peers. Why do that? Save your energy to go out after class.
- Do not review the questions you missed or talk to your professor about it if you have a problem. You may learn why you missed it.
- Do not turn in your work on-time. You are okay with getting points deducted for late work, right?
- Work A LOT. This will decrease your time for studying but you can buy the finer things in life rather than waiting until you are done with school.
- Don’t budget. Without budgeting, you will be forced to work a lot. This will guarantee you won’t have time to study, which will increase your chances of failing classes.
- Procrastinate. This will probably cause you to turn in poor quality work, which will lead to poor grades, which may lead to failing.
- Do not use a planner or get organized. If you do not pay attention to all of the assignments due in your multiple classes, you are bound to miss an assignment. Missing assignments = zeroes = no points = failing grade.
If college is a goal of yours, it takes work and sacrifice just like any goal worth achieving. If you thoroughly complete the study guide (if there is one), turn in quality work on time, utilize the resources within the course, participate in class discussions, review questions you missed, budget so that you don’t have to work a lot (leaving room to study), and plan ahead, you will be well on your way to successfully completing college.
Join my mailing list for Positive Information on Being Your Best Self and Updates
Join my private FB group page: Your Best Self.