Raise your hand if every day is fantastic. Blissful. Disneyland like. Joyful. Hmmm. Probably not everyone is raising his/her hand. Now, I know of some people who choose to have a positive day each day. A friend I recently met, Ben, is one of them. It takes practice. Here are six suggestions to stay positive and productive. When we are positive, it’s much easier to be productive!
How do you feel like when you exercise in the morning? Get in the shower. Get dressed. Paint your face (ha ha for my ladies). Dress nicely. Some may meditate and/or pray. Read a positive message. These are all things to start your day on the right foot. They bring positive energy to you.
How about days where you just want to stay in bed? I think of Bruno Mars’s The Lazy Song. “Today I don’t feel like doing anything. I just wanna lay in my bed.” When we don’t want to get dressed, don’t want to leave our house, and do nothing, we are obviously not productive. By all means, you are allowed to have days like this. Sometimes, I just need to catch up on rest.
What is the difference between good and bad days?
- The way you start your day makes a big difference in the tone of your day.
- The way you react throughout the day can change even your “good” day to a “bad day. It takes work to stay positive. Let us get to work!
6 Tips to Stay Positive and Productive
- Exercise. I like to run. I don’t run to race as much. I run for a mental escape. Have you ever heard of a runner’s high? This can happen from exercising too. Most of the time, exercise 🏋 = pain 😩 😅 . When we are in pain, neurochemicals called endorphins are produced in the brain’s hypothalamus and pituitary gland. Endorphins are structurally similar to the drug morphine! Therefore, endorphins are like natural painkillers because they activate opioid receptors in the brain that helps decrease discomfort. What do we get then? Ahhhhhh. Euphoria. Euphoria = runner’s or exercise high. euphoria = positive = productive
- Cut our negative energy. Have you heard of one bad apple 🍎 spoiling the entire bag of apples 🍎🍏🍎? Well, it happens. You have to remove the bad apple. Negative energy is contagious. Avoid it at all costs. negative energy = negative attitude = unproductive
- Music. Music 🎹 can change your mood quicker than almost anything else! At least it’s like that for me. Listen to music that inspires you. Positive music will help you keep a positive attitude. positive attitude = productive (You see a pattern here???)
- Read or watch a movie. Oh, how I love books 📚. Don’t read books or watch a movie that will upset you. Pick something uplifting. changing your mood = changing your attitude to positive = productive
- Talk to a friend. (Not a negative friend. See point 2!) Sometimes you don’t need a friend to give you advice. Sometimes you just need someone to listen to you or give you a hug. These gestures can mean all the difference in “getting over” whatever brought you down. uplifting friends = help uplift your attitude = positive attitude = productive
- Meditate. People meditate in various different ways. What matters is that you visualize positive things/goals in your life. visualize positive goals = positive energy = productive
A big point here is to make sure you shift your mood quickly if you notice it going negative. The longer you linger in negativity the more everything seems doom and gloom. negative energy = more doom and gloom
Please let me know if you have any other tips you use or if any of these tips work well for you. Thank you for reading!!! Have a positive and productive day!
P.S. My site is being worked on. It should be up and running “prettier” in a week or so. 🙂
Join my mailing list for Positive Information on Being Your Best Self and Updates
Join my private FB group page: Your Best Self.