I was nominated for this award by a blogger friend I was lucky enough to recently meet. Thank you very much, Blogger Recognition Award. There are amazing bloggers out there who have such great messages, minds, and creativity to share with everyone.! His personal story is TOUCHING. He is making a difference and has overcome so much! Read Oristel’s story under his
If you want to participate in the Blogger Recognition Award, here are a few simple rules:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Write a post showing your award.
Tell a brief story about how you started your blog.
Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
Choose 10 other bloggers to nominate.
Comment on each blog letting them know they’ve been nominated, and provide a link to your award post.
How I Started My Blog
Well, I started my blog by going to WordPress and scratching my head because I was so confused on where to begin. Then, I typed some stuff and hit publish. 😜
I guess the question should be why I started my blog? I have been busy MANY years in school and having children (4 of them to be exact!). I have my PhD in Nursing. My nose has been in books (textbooks which aren’t nearly as fun as wild, creative, moving, fiction books). After I graduated in 2014, my creative juices were bursting through my pores. I needed a creative outlet. Here are some other reasons why I started this blog.
- Most importantly, I started this blog because of all of you! People! Humans! Souls! Energy! I get to connect with all of that. Readers, writers, creative minds, intellectual beings. Figure out this world and life together.
- I had a troubled childhood home environment. Statistically, I should’ve turned to gangs, drugs, and whatever else to escape a crappy childhood and for survival. I didn’t. Although I started down the path of statistics and was a single mother at the age of 21, I figured out a way to overcome the odds and got my head on straight. I fought to get my bachelor’s degree which changed my future. I didn’t stop there and continued my education until I received my PhD. I believe sharing my life experiences may make a difference to even one reader.
- I found a love for writing YA fiction. I use my experiences both as a nurse and in my personal life to throw my characters into some stressful situations and give them hope. This blog has helped me connect with other writer and readers. It’s been fun!
- To get out of my comfort zone. We grow when we are uncomfortable.
Two Pieces of Advice for New Bloggers
Just Do It!
I started my blog initially in 2014, but I hesitated to post anything because I thought, no one will read this. What do I have to say? Who am I? Therefore, I tiptoed into posting and publishing anything. I made a goal for 2017 to ignore my fears and just do it. See what comes out of your creative head! Let’s smash fear together and post away. You never know who you may connect with or touch. It’s pretty amazing.
Side note: I also have an “unusual” first name, Ipuna, so I thought no one will find me! My name means pretty in Korean if you are wondering. I’m half Korean and half Puerto Rican. Random piece of information right there.
Have Fun with It
Don’t stress about saying the perfect words or having the perfect pictures. Be yourself. Most bloggers/readers accept and love all of your imperfections. It’s called being human. When you just let go and have fun, that is when the magic happens. I’ve connected with people from all over the world. I feel like I’m traveling through my computer. It is absolutely amazing! ❤️ 🇯🇵 🇱🇷 🇲🇽 🇸🇩 🇺🇦 🇸🇦 🇱🇨 🇼🇸 🇮🇶 🇯🇪 🇯🇴 🇱🇻 🇦🇫 🇦🇽 🇦🇱 🇦🇮 🇲🇸 🇿🇲 🇬🇧 🇻🇺 🇻🇳 🇰🇷 🇸🇳 🇹🇷 🇺🇸 🇸🇰 🇪🇸 🇿🇲 🇦🇱 🇦🇫
My Blogger Nominations
- Michael Fedison The Eye-Dancers
- AmyRose Herladypinkrose
- Raili SoulGift
- Jothish Joseph The Jothish Joseph Blog
- Samantha Dictionary Dutch
- Mahriya My Bookish Life
- Elm Just Elm
- Van by the River
- Settle in El Paso
- Judy Gerald JGeraldBlog
Join my mailing list for Positive Information on Being Your Best Self and Updates
Join my private FB group page: Your Best Self.
Let’s connect ❤️: