A picture is worth a thousand words. Being a mother is down right exhausting. You don’t get to clock in or out. You are pulled in a million ways. Every second you give unselfishly. This sounds so hard! But it is very true. Why then do we choose to become a mother whether it is biological or through adoption? And many times a mother to a few children!
There are of course plenty of reasons, but I will just list a few blessings of having a child or children.
- Just one smile from a child can erase stress and pain.
- A hug from a child can make a heart of ice melt.
- Children teach us more about ourselves (like how much patience we have).
- Children keep us young and exciting.
- You thought you knew what love is, but didn’t realize it was just a seed that blossomed from the moment you touched this new life.
Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers and future mothers! (Kids or no kids- you are probably a mother figure to someone in your life!)